Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2, 2010

Okay, so the cold is not liking being ignored, and it's trying to make sure I am aware that I have it.  Last night I did Back Care Yoga with Rodney Yee, a 20-minute workout.  Probably the same tonight.  Breathing is an issue with this cold, and the air is so dry now.  Lunch was chipotle chicken stew, and dinner was all-day-simmered spaghetti sauce and meatballs over angel hair pasta.  Quite yummy.

I worked today on a course description for technology professional development for teachers in the RSU.  I've planned for six possible courses, Improving Reading Comprehension with Technology, Improving Numeracy with Technology, Web 2.0-Interactivity, Professional Learning Networks, and Tips and Tricks for PC/MacBooks.  I'm hoping that a few people will try each of these.  I will make sure that they know that it will not suck up all of their time, and that the time they do spend doing the courses will be useful to them.  I also shared two crock pot recipes with friends.

Simplifying... didn't really get done today.  I think we can give up our Nielsen Homescan scanner; it's a hassle to scan every thing I buy, and really, I'm not doing it anyway.  It's just one more thing that makes me feel guilty.  So I'll see if we're close to earning a prize, and if so, we can work toward that, and if not, we can just give up and ship it back.  Also, that will get the box out of the house.

Balance... not so much, either.  I was on the computer a lot of the day.  I'll still get some yoga in tonight, and maybe a little reading.  I started a young adult book last night, called Sorta Sisters, and I'm not sure if I want to finish it.  I'm not very invested in it.  Too much computer time today.  I need to get up and move more.  I did spend time cooking, but not much else.

Learn... I opened Tweetdeck for a while, and I found some cool things from my PLN.  I'm looking forward to sharing some of these things with teachers in the district. 

I am excited that I have three followers on my 365 photo project blog, and that one commented on mine.  Knowing that people are looking will help me to keep going, and I want to also let others know that I'm interested in what they are doing, so I can help encourage them to continue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment